First Dog $25.93
Second Dog $16.94
Prices subject to HST
Groovytown Dog Lodge specializes in canine off-leash adventure hikes. Send your pooch out to play on a beautiful private acreage just West of Kingston, Ontario.
Members of the groovy pack get out of the city, where they can express their inner dog while socializing in a contained, private park. Dogs also reap the benefits of having a consistent pack of playmates, giving them the tools to socialize with confidence. This off-leash hike is great for dogs of all ages and sizes.
Day hikes include a 1.5 hour signature Adventure Hike and door-to-door service. These hikes and are only available to those who live within our pick-up route. We pick up between highway 15 and Colins Bay Rd., and south of highway 401. We also pick up along highway 2 from Colins Bay Rd. to County Rd. 6. For those who live out side of our pick-up area we off drop-off daycare.
Dogs taking part in the day hikes are required to make a weekly commitment of at least one hike per week, on a set day. As we provide pick up and drop off we will require a key or passcode which we retain with the utmost discretion and security.
Added Perk! As a weekly hiker your dog will be considered a ‘pack member’ and have the added perk of complementary lodge pick-ups and drop-offs (excluding weekends and statutory holidays). Please note that this service is only available to dogs taking part in the daily hikes.
Adding Your Dog to the Pack
- Up-to-date on standard vaccinations (Rabies, Distemper, Parvo).
- Adult dogs must be spayed or neutered
- On a veterinarian-approved flea prevention program.
- Completion of a pre-stay introductory visit and walk of the property to ensure your dog has a stress-free introduction to resort life.
- Bordetella and Leptospirosis vaccinations are not required but are highly recommended. Not vaccinating your dog will put them at risk.
- Minimum age of 4 months and completion of first three standard rounds of vaccinations (speak to your veterinarian about these requirements).
- Non-aggression. We provide a very interactive, social environment. This space is not suitable for dogs that react aggressively to other dogs.
Prior to becoming a member of the pack, we ask that you and your dog join us for a complimentary walk. This walk gives your dog a chance to get to know their new friends while still in the comfort of your presence. A new dog will often run back and forth between the excitement of the new faces and the familiarity of mom or dad. After a few minutes, however, don’t feel too bad when Fido is off playing with little regard for us boring humans. If you are unable to participate in the walk, alternative arrangements can be made.